Sunday 15 April 2012

Week 7- Diary entry

This week I have changed many of the pictures in my magazine, I have changed the main picture on the contents page and the double page spread, also due to me changing my model I have had to change the whole of my article, going from a male band, to a female singer songwriter. This has affected the colours and layout of my double page spread and contents page. Although I have decided that I pefer it like that. I have also asked my peers what they think of it and again they like the layout but they weren't sure on the main image on the double page spread as they felt it could be better quality and it should be closer as at this moment in time it is a long shot with a lot of background in it, therefore my model doesn't really stand out. This has caused me to plan another set of images which will take place in the studio this time I am aiming for close ups and mid shots because after looking at my photos I have realised that I don't really have a sutiable image for my front cover, this is a very important image because it is going to be the first thing that the target audience see, it's going to be the selling point of the magazine.

Also after looking at the JPEG of my contents page I decided there was something missing, therefore I decided to look at the contents pages which I researched before the project started, I realised that many of them used lines to break up their stories, this use of lines made the page look professional and made the stories easier to read, this lead to me trying out in my magazine. After I tried it I liked it straight away after talking to my target audience they also decided they liked it therefore leading me to keep them. I also realised that many of the magazines had used capital letters on their contents pages for the names of artists one thing that I had forgot. This lead to me changing this insitently, these two changes improved the look of the contents page straight away proving that the small details are the ones which matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment