Sunday 8 April 2012

Week 6- Diary Entry

This week has been the week of our Rough Cut deadline, I was quite disapointed with my rough cut as I really wanted it to be of better quality so I could work on smaller details for my final cut, however this has allowed me to conduct some audience research and find out exactly what I need to change to be able to get the magazine to the quality my target audience want. Therefore I have found myself a new model and planned more images to be taken. On thursday I went to a local seaside town to take some photos, however it was very windy and therefore it was very hard to take photos without the weather coming through onto the photos. However I decided on the type I wanted, I wanted some photos which expressed fun and you can see that the model is just a normal girl having fun in her local town.
This weekend I am also planning to get some more photos, this time I have the idea of going to a local area where there is a small pond and many trees, I want to get some photos which are in a type of fairtale area. However this is a bit of a risk because I am not sure whether this is going to work in my magazine.

After conducting my target audience research, another thing which came up is the name of the magazine. Recently I changed the name from The Fix to The Mix after talking to some of my peers and getting their reaction from the name. However many people feel that The is not needed and that MIX by itself would be much better, they also dont like how straight the title is and they feel that it needs to be on a bit of a angle to give different lines to the magazine. Therefore I have went with there feedback and my magazine is now called MIX with the title going down on a diagonal, leading the eye down to the main image.

No comments:

Post a Comment