Sunday 22 April 2012

Final Magazine Article

Eliza Jean talks to MIX about her recent success after releasing her brand new album and winning the critics’ choice at the most recent BAFTAS, following in the past winners footsteps; it looks like the only way she is going is up!
Eliza Jean is the newest singer songwriter to sweep the nation, with her quirky new songs and her humble personality she has had immediate success. After coming from a small part of Newcastle she fought her way up the music industry, doing everything she possibly could to get noticed. After playing at Newcastle Evolution Festival she was spotted by a music producer who asked her to visit him immediately. After hearing her single Expensive hopes he had a job in line for her straight away, a job which would shoot her into the public eye.
As we walk into the room where she is sitting, we realise how much of a normal person she is. She is currently standing at the window on the far side of the room, standing watching people going about their normal life, realising how that was her a year ago. She greats us kindly and welcoming, talking about how she can’t understand how far she has come within a year. Her life has changed dramatically.
So can you take in that a year ago you were playing your music in the smallest venues in Newcastle trying your hardness to be noticed in the music industry?
No I can’t at all, just a year ago I had just taken the call being asked if there was any chance I could fill a gap at the Evolution Festival after a local act had dropped out last minute, that was my chance. That was what changed my life.  
What was your reaction when you got asked to fill the slot?  
I couldn’t believe it, it’s Newcastle biggest music even, somewhere I had been going since I was young. My first thought was I better get a move on and write some song, so I did. That same day I managed to get two songs written. It was events like this that inspired my writing. My song expensive hopes was also written that day because I realised I had given up most of my life for music. Music was my Expensive hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment