Monday 30 April 2012

Target Audience Research




Once my target audience had completed the questionaire, I recorded the results they are as follows:


During my Target audience research I maanaged to talk to a equal mixture of males and females this allowed me to get equal results from both of them. I also managed to get a mixture of ages, who were in my target audience of 16-37 year olds. Everyone who I spoke to read music magazines, I asked them what types of magazines they read my results were: Q, Mojo, Kerrang, NME, Mixmag and Rocksound. This proved to me the mixture of different music tastes my target audience had I really wanted to appeal to the target audiences which read Mojo and Q magazine as these were going to be my style models with a hint of NME.

I thought a good way to find out about my target audience the best was to ask them directly what music they like to listen to, this proved successful as I found out most of my target audience listened to Indie music, this allowed me to confirm my magazines models of Mojo and Q magazine. A lot of my target audience liked to know about music festivals and music events this allowed me to plan the stories in which I was planning to put in my magazine. However many people like to know about different festivals so I thought it would be a good idea to find out the exact ones they like to know about the results I got back were: Leeds, Reading, T in the Park, Radio 1 Big Weekend and The Isle of man festival. Therefore this allows me to plan stories around these festivals. Another question I asked my target audience was What stories do you like to read about in music magazines? The responces I received were that they liked to know about: new music, new releases, new artists, solo projects, tours and festivals this again allows me to plan storiesn and also allows me to plan the story of my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment