Sunday 1 April 2012

Week 5 diary entry

This week I have completed my first photoshoot for photos for my rought cut of my music magazine, these photos were taken in a studio setting with studio lighting, I used my friend sophie for the photo's however after reflecting on the pictures and the experience, I don't feel like she is the right person for the type of photos I want. I feel this because throughout taking the photos she came across as being very uncomfortable and not really knowing what to do therefore my photos suffered. Also after looking at the quality of the photos I realised that most of them are actually out of focus and therefore I will not be using them. This has lead me to ask for some further lessons on photography from my teacher. I have also organised a different model for the next set of photos I will be taking, this has lead me to go back to my image plan and add another plan for photos this allows me to get straight down to taking them. Therefore on thursday I prepared my next model and told him what I wanted and he was perfect. However after conducting some audience reasearch many people told me to change my model because they felt he wasn't connecting with the audience this connection is very important for me as many of the magazines I analysed had this connection between their model and the audience. This lead me to make a decision of leaving my model for the rough cut due to me starting to run out of time, but I would change my model and photos for my final cut.

This week I also attended the Florence and The Machine concert at the Metro Radio Arena, this allowed me to get many photos of Florence Welch and her support acts- The Horrors and Spector. Due to me standing at this concert I managed to get three rows from the front which lead to me getting some really good quality photos which I am planning to use on my front page and contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment