Sunday 25 March 2012

Week 4- Diary Entry

This week I started setting out my magazine layout on indesign, due to me already designing how I wanted it to look, this was a very easy task. I chose to use layers when setting out the layout, this would make it easier for me later on in the project because I will be able to add and remove things without it effecting other items on different layers. The use of layers will also allow me to add pictures and text in throughout the project as I get them allowing my project to be developed over time.

Once I had set out my layout, I conducted some audience research to find out about my target audience and what they want out of a music magazine. This gave me some very interesting feedback which I can use in my magazine to make it attract the target audience.

This week I have also planned my images that I will be taking for my magazine, I have decided on a mix of location and studio shots. I want to go for a mixture of males and females. I also want a few live shots and due to me going to Florence and The Machine next week I am hoping to get a few good ones there of Florence and her support acts- Spector and The Horrors. This will add a great mixture to my magazine, it will also make it interesting for any fans of these three bands because there getting a insight of their live gigs. I also want my location and studio shots to have a fun, quirky vibe to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment