Sunday 18 March 2012

Week 3 Diary Entry

This week we have work experience so all week I was not at school. However this week I decided on my final ideas for my music magazine. I decided I wanted to do a music magazine like "Q" magazine, this would be a kind of indie magazine, coming from a very british point of view. Therefore to get across this british approach I intend to use a three colour colour scheme of Blue, Red and White, the three main colours associated with britian. I also plan to call my magazine The Fix, a magazine hoping to give everyone the lastest music news and interviews.

This week I have also completed rough drawings of how I want my music magazine to look. This has allowed me to plan the page layout so I know how many pictures and stories I need. This allows me to plan time to get pictures and plan stories. The completion of my rough drawings allows me to be able to complete the layout once I go back to school, allowing me to just add in the images and text once they are complete. The layout is one of  the most important things because if a magazine looks empty, it looks unprofessional and unfinished whereas if it is cluttered it discourages customers buying it and makes it hard to read and spot things on the magazine. Therefore I will need to plan the layout out so that it attracts customers, doesnt look cluttered and allows things to stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment