Friday 24 February 2012

Week 1 Diary

During the first week of our media project we were set the task of completing a school magazine, this magazine had to be to a strong standard, following the typical codes and conventions that school magazines used. Therefore in order for me to be able to complete the project to the best of my ability I had to coduct some research into the codes and conventions used in school magazines.

I used three school magazines to analyse. Looking at the types of camera angles, pictures, stories and layouts they used so I could decide on the best things that will be sutiable for my magazine. The task of completing the school magazine research allowed me to realise how much time analysis of music magazines would take and also what types of things to look out for, allowing me to plan time and be aware so I could find codes and conventions quickly and easily.

Once I started putting together the school magazine, I was able to use this primilary task to find out the length of time I would need for different sections of the magazines e.g. research, planning and photography allowing me to be able to manage my time and plan a order to complete things. During the task I learned alot about the use of the SLR cameras, this allowed me to play around and understand how to use them so I could take good quality photo's for my final music magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment